EV Charging Solutions
Level 1 Charging
120 Volt Cordset
- 120 VAC standard outlet • Delivers power from the wall to the vehicle’s on-board charger
- Time from fully depleted to fully charged: 7-29+ hours (slowest charge time) average 7-29+ hours
- Typically provided with your Electric Vehicle
Level 2 Charging
240 Volt Portable Cordset or Wall-mounted Charging Station
- 208-240 VAC installation
- Delivers AC power from the wall to the on-board charger
- Time from fully depleted to fully charged: 2-10+ hours (depending on vehicle)
- Ideal for multi-unit residential, business, retail locations, hotels, public parking lots, etc.
0Level 2 is the most common level of charging. Most EV drivers install a Level 2 charging station at home and many businesses install them for their employees and/or customers. All EVs sold in North America, (except Tesla), use the same charging standard – this means that any car can use any Level 2 station across Canada and the United States.
Level 2 chargers allow you to charge your electric car in just a few hours while you sleep, work, enjoy a meal, or spend time with your family. A level 2 charger safely delivers AC power to your electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid so you’re always “fuelled up” and ready to go.
- Charge nearly 3 to 5 times faster than a Level 1 and gives you more miles in less time
- Reliable, safe, convenient, cost-effective and energy-efficient charging
- Ability to charge your EV during off-peak times can save you money
Level 3 Charging
High-powered DC Fast-charge Station
- 400-600 VAC installation
- Delivers DC energy, bypassing the on-board charger
- Time from fully depleted to fully charged: Approximately 30 minutes
- Requires extensive investment in infrastructure and hardware to install
- Typically located in high-traffic transportation corridors, fleet facilities, etc.
Level 3 charging, also known as DC fast-charging, offers 10 to 20 times the charging speed of the more widely used Level 2 mid-speed chargers. In other words, 15 minutes at a Level 3 station could provide the same charge as 5 hours at a Level 2 station.
Traditionally, Level 3 charging has required significant investment.Through the Electric Vehicle and Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Initiative (EVAFIDI), the Government of Canada is investing $80 million to support the establishment of a coast-to-coast fast charging network for electric vehicles. The initiative is run by Natural Resources Canada, and covers up to 50% of the cost to purchase and install fast-charging stations.
EVAFIDI provides $50,000 per fast-charging station, and a maximum of $5 million in funding to a single applicant.
Ask us about your eligibility and the application process.
Benefits of Workplace Charging
Offering Workplace EV Charging Has Many Benefits:
- Attract and retain top talent
- Increase employee satisfaction
- Improve productivity
- Achieve sustainability goals
- Establish your brand as a green leader
Benefits of Apartment/Condo Charging Infraestructure
Benefits for Apartment Owners and Managers
- Attract and retain high value, green-minded residents
- Increase average rent and property value
- Meet emerging provincial and city regulations
- Improve your green standing and meet sustainability goals, e.g. LEED certification
Benefits for Condo Boards
- Support condo owners’ requests for EV charging
- Enable condo owners to add a desirable property upgrade
- Make your property attractive to future home buyers
- Comply with emerging HOA (Home Owners Association) laws and building standards
Benefits for Business/Retail Charging Infrastructure
Offering EV Charging Has Many Benefits:
- Attract new and repeat customers
- Increase shopping time and spending
- Boost customer satisfaction
- Achieve sustainability goals
Establish your brand as a green leader
EV drivers choose their destinations based on the availability of EV charging from their preferred network–and they tend to make it a habit to stop at those destinations so they can charge the car while they take care of business.
EV charging helps you attract new business, and build a steady revenue stream from repeat customers with typically higher spending capacity.